- Sort through the food and prepare it for distribution, gleaning product that might not be suitable for market shelves
- Stock shelves and assign points with non-perishable food items
- Stock cooler, produce, and bakery items
- Rotate product and check expiration dates to ensure quality.
This position requires standing on a concrete floor. Sturdy, close-toed shoes are required.
- help guests unload their shopping cart
- add up all points used per guest
- give each guest total points receipt from adding machine
- bag, weigh, and tally entire guest order
- Assist guests as needed
These positions work directly with our guests and require patience, understanding, and caring.
- Receive food collected from grocers, food drives and community donations
- Assist in unloading our refrigerator truck and van
- Weigh the product and record donation
- Place non-perishable food in area for sorting
- Stock freezer with donated meat and freezer products
- Hand the perishable food off to our Food Processing
This position involves bending, standing, lifting (25 lbs) and pushing.
For more information about volunteering at the Post Falls Food Bank, call us at 208-773-0139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications available online, or pick one up in our office!
- ALL youth 17 and under must have parental/guardian consent to volunteer.
- Youth 14 and younger must be accompanied by an adult and are welcome by appointment.
- Special event organizations and groups are welcome to set up volunteer opportunities by appointment.